Online Resources for Homeschoolers

The internet is a valuable tool for today’s homeschoolers. A child can visit China, research the Civil War, and get tutored in math, without ever leaving her computer chair. The internet has opened up the world for the homeschooling family offering everything from support to online curricula. With so much at your fingertips, it is easy to get overwhelmed and spend more time than intended pounding the keyboard. So, here is a short list of some of my favorite places online as a homeschooling mom. I hope you find these sites beneficial in your journey as well. Please share any … Continue reading

Homeschool Groups and Resources in Indiana I-M

Getting involved with other homeschoolers is very important to a family’s success in homeschooling It is important to join a homeschool network or support group in your area, There are also many homeschooling groups as well as many homeschooling classes, and programs that your students can enjoy. In this series, we are covering homeschool groups and resources across the country. This installment will cover Indiana homeschool groups and resources, I-M. Illiana Homeschool Society A group of homeschool families joining together to promote socialization and education. All families are welcome. Indiana Association of Home Educators This is a service organization with … Continue reading

Homeschooling Groups and Resources in Idaho

Getting involved with other homeschoolers is very important to a family’s success in homeschooling. It is important to join a homeschool network or support group in your area, There are also many homeschooling groups as well as many homeschooling classes, and programs that your students can enjoy. In this series, we are covering home schooling groups and resources across the country. This installment is for Idaho. Homeschool North Idaho is the website of a homeschool mom/realtor who provides homeschool information around Idaho. She also gives information about relocating to Idaho, a homeschool friendly state. Rocky Mountain Education Connection RMEC Is … Continue reading

Homeschooling Groups and Resources in Hawaii

Getting involved with other homeschoolers is very important to a family’s success in homeschooling. It is important to join a homeschool network or support group in your area, There are also many homeschooling groups as well as many homeschooling classes, and programs that your students can enjoy. In this series, we are covering home schooling groups and resources across the country. This installment is for the State of Hawaii. Big Island Homeschoolers Is a support group for homeschooling families on the Big Island of Hawaii. Catholic Homeschooling in Hawaii/Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Homeschoolers of Hawaii is the website for … Continue reading

Homeschooling Groups and Resources in Georgia M-Z

To succeed in homeschooling, it is in your best interest to get involved with other homeschoolers. You should join a homeschool network or group near you. In Georgia there are many homeschooling groups as well as many homeschooling classes, and programs for students. This third installment covers homeschooling groups and resources in GA covering H-L. Find A-G here and H-L here. Master’s Academy of Fine Arts School (MAFA) The Master’s Academy program is divided into two full fine arts schools designed specifically for home schooled children ages K-5th grade and students in 6th – 12th grade. Meeting just one day … Continue reading

Homeschooling Groups and Resources in Georgia A-G

To succeed in homeschooling, it is in your best interest to get involved with other homeschoolers. You should join a homeschool network or group near you. In Georgia there are many homeschooling groups as well as many homeschooling classes, and programs for students. This first installment covers homeschooling groups and resources in GA covering A-G. AAEN – Atlanta Alternative Education Network has park days, classes, trips, testing, sports, and cultural events. Artios Academies assists homeschoolers in the upbringing of their children through education in the arts. Their goal Artios programs is to raise up educated, spiritually discerning, culturally literate, servant … Continue reading

Homeschooling Groups and Resources in Florida I-P

To succeed in homeschooling, it is in your best interest to get involved with other homeschoolers. You should join a homeschool network or group near you. For this reason, I have decided to give a full listing of homeschooling groups throughout each state. Florida is a state with a wealth of resources to compliment it’s large homeschool population. This installment includes homeschooling resources from Florida I-P. Learning & Families Home education with a decidedly Christian focus. Manatee/Sarasota LIFE of Central Florida Orlando – Learning in Freedom Everyday – an intentional community of diverse homeschooling families. Our membership gathers together for … Continue reading

Homeschooling Groups and Resources in Florida D-H

To succeed in homeschooling, it is in your best interest to get involved with other homeschoolers. You should join a homeschool network or group near you. For this reason, I have decided to give a full listing of homeschooling groups throughout each state. Florida is a state with a wealth of resources to compliment it’s large homeschool population. This installment includes homeschooling resources from Florida D-H. ExaminedLife The Examined Life is a support network for homeschooling families in Miami-Dade County, Florida. They also welcome families from Monroe and Broward. They provide park days, field-trips, an excellent enrichment co-op, several clubs, … Continue reading

A Warning for Hybrid Homeschoolers

Some time ago, I explained that the best label for our family in the homeschooling realm is hybrid homeschooling. Hybrid homeschoolers work in the middle ground between school and home. While the majority of us do not utilize public school resources, we do find other resources to help homeschool our kids. There will be co-op classes, tutors, and even programs that mimic school very closely, though it will very likely be for less than 5 days a week. I have noticed a large influx of hybrid homeschool programs in my area. The latest has fully loaded days, just like in … Continue reading

Alabama Homeschool Groups and Resources N-Z

Alabama Homeschool Groups and Resources N-Z To succeed in homeschooling, it is in your best interest to get involved with other homeschoolers. You should join a homeschool network or group near you. For this reason, I have decided to give a full listing of homeschooling groups throughout each state. Yes, there are other sites that list homeschool networks and support groups but none of are comprehensive. Some of them only list Christian, others only list those affiliated with them. I will attempt to list all of them. This installment is the last installment for Alabama (N-Z) NAHE (North Alabama Home … Continue reading